The Ministry formation programme is for:
- Students who have been accepted by the Methodist Church of New Zealand as candidates for ministry
- Students who have been stationed by the Conference of the Methodist Church of New Zealand as probationers.
The core aim of the Ministry formation programme is to assist the integration of formal learning and theological insights with the practical work of ministry. Trinity College undertakes this work on behalf of the wider Methodist Church of New Zealand to form students for ministry in a variety of ways:
- Through course work in its designated study programmes
- Through corporate worship
- Parish or ministry placement
- Spiritual formation
- Denominational learning
- Learning the arts and practices of ministry
The requirements of the programme fit within the general framework of the Criteria for Ordination as approved by Conference in 1991.